Friday, September 5, 2008

Pondering

So, I've been stuck in Philadelphia for the past nearly-three months, so I really haven't had anything much to talk about on a travel blog. Considering that originally, my graduation plan was to immediately hitchhike to Miami, then finagle a job as a boat hand on any boat headed to another country, this is something of a disappointment.

Travel is still going to be a huge priority in my life, but I do need to save up some money first, and I'm strongly hoping that the Peace Corps thing will come through-- because that really is what I want to do more than anything. I think I started saying that I wanted to join Peace Corps when I was 12 or 13, and still, at 21, I truly believe that is what will make me the happiest, the most fulfilled.

But I'm still going through the damned medical clearance.

All I have to do, though, is get two more shots, and get a wisdom tooth out, and then I'll be ready to send in all the materials for medical clearance. It'll be in by the end of this month... then I just have to pray they'll clear me, because if they don't, there will be a huge, almost certainly annoying appeals process through which I'll have to go. Eugh.


Anyway, enough with the whining. What I was pondering is this: I still have a lot of entries on Livejournal from my travels. I was wondering if I should transfer them over to this blog, so that it is at least something of a proper travel blog and not just a "this will become a travel blog soon, I promise!"

Is there a way to backdate posts on blogger? I have to admit, I really haven't used it much... was still in that "Livejournal" phase of my life. ;) I'll still have to use Livejournal for now, I'm sure, for my non-work-friendly activities.

No comments: