Saturday, August 22, 2009

8/5/09

Blog
8/05/2009

My plans to blog my trip to China are thwarted by the fact that not only has China blocked Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, they've also blocked Blogspot. I got a computer geek with an SSH to an American computer (despite the fact that he's a Kiwi, go fig) to let me post notes to this effect on Facebook and Twitter. Sometimes I really wish I had some practical skills, so that I could do this SSH thing (or other cool geek get-around-filters things) during the rest of the trip. Well, practical skills besides analytical thinking, but you know what, sometimes that's not actually that practical when you're dealing with people.
Well, they haven't blocked google documents, so I'm still going to jot my thoughts down as we go. I'll hopefully post them (and some awesome pictures!) when I get back somewhere that doesn't try to strangle the Internet.

No comments: